Monday, March 25, 2013

Beach Babes!

Hello hello and happy Art Impressions' Monday!   I know summer might not be here yet, but just can't no to these adorable beach babes, hehe!  OMGoodness, I love love love this Girlfriends set of 4 (SKU#3588), aren't they totally cool?!  Instead of a card, I decided to decorate a wooden picture frame just for these awesome girlfriends!


I got a wooden frame from my local craft store for $1, I primed the frame with acyclic white paint.


I used Map of Europe (SKU#Y2506) and inked with archival ink in vintage sepia to create an interesting background. 


I also added a layer of Golden glass bead gel and allow dry overnight .
(which created a super cool texture, love it!)


To finished it, I distressed the frame with distress stain and pan pastel, then I added 'BEACH BABES' (covered with crackle accents), a few embellishments, colored the Girlfriends with Copic markers, and Viola!!!



I hope you like it and especially their sparkling bathing suits!   :)

/div>

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Gosh you rock Sweetie ! This is such a cool project ! I love the image, so funny ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Creations by Shirl said...

Fun and gotta love those grannies... So stinkin' cute... I think I would love to hang out like them when I get thirty plus more years. Their bathing suits are cool, this must look awesome hanging from a wall....
TFS Kerry enjoy your wonderful evening..

Karen said...

This is awesome! I love what you did with the image.

Hugs,
Karen